Monday, April 9, 2012

Props crew

In addition to my drawing and animation I am also a part of the theatre department at my school. Each semester there are 2-3 school productions which are directed and designed by staff with the work of student actors, designers, and crew.

This last week has been a jumble of days as I worked backstage at CSU Chico's production of Rashoman. I worked as the singular member of a props crew setting up prop tables for the actors, as well as assisting one of the assistant stage managers while she did her part in keeping the actors safe.

Although I make this sound thrilling, there were down moments, during which I went back to drawing again. It's nice getting the chance to work on drawings without the interruption of other work. And thus to my next drawing challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment